Tuesday, August 25, 2009
You know how you keep putting something off so long that it seems like too big a job to tackle...like, say...cleaning the bathroom or writing a really important paper? That's how the blog has become for me this last couple of weeks! Since E. and hubby came back from their mission trip, I've been hoping to get E. to write a guest post and show off some photos. Doesn't look like that's going to happen really soon so I have to buckle down and post something to catch everybody up with our lives.
Perhaps list form will work:
1. All puppies have been placed in good homes, except #5, which we decided to keep.
2. Rather than continuing to call him #5, we named him Charles Spurgeon or "Charlie."
3. Yes, that is the name of a famous preacher. No offense is intended, we just thought it was fitting since the mother's name is Annie Armstrong (famous missionary). Yes, as a matter of fact we DO have a strange sense of humor.
4. I've been trying to run/walk most days & I think I'm developing a little bit of stamina, though weight loss has been negligible. Still, I'm doing something for my heart, right?
5. I've finally received all the materials I ordered for our school year! We'll probably be starting on Monday: 10th gr, 7th gr, 3rd gr, and preschool!
6. The aforementioned preschooler had to be taken to the hospital late Thursday night for a problem with his posterior...as in, a portion that should have stayed inside made an appearance outside. That problem has been resolved, Praise the Lord, but we're waiting on the results from some lab work the Dr. wanted done just to be cautious. Please pray.
7. E. and I successfully dissected an earthworm today for her Biology! Sure, earthworms aren't really scary creatures but it took real bravery to face up to that specimen and show it who's boss!
8. It should be obvious which of the above photos is of E. dissecting the earthworm.
9. The other photo is of M. at our friend's pool. Notice the large fake tattoo he's sporting! It's been about 3? weeks and it still hasn't come completely off!! Thanks, Laney :).
p.s. The dates shown on photos are incorrect...I have no idea how to fix that feature on my camera...sorry.
Posted by Kelly at 7:45 PM
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
I'm still having a bit of trouble with the keyboard so I won't be typing too much, but I did want to post a couple of snapshots hubby took of E. doing face-painting at the block party this morning. It's safer for me to do this while she's out of the country :). She hates having her picture made!
Please pray for our mission team as they have block parties, hand out school supplies, and do sports camps, all in the name of Jesus!
Posted by Kelly at 5:59 PM
Monday, August 3, 2009
For one thing, my space bar is sticking and I have to bang it every time--this will be a short post.
1. Puppies are fine. Anybody want one?
2. I graduated with my Master's of Religious Education.
3. No, I don't plan to start on my Ph.D.
4. K. did great as a marshal for the graduation.
5. E. and Hubby are in Nova Scotia for a mission trip!
Enjoy the pics...I may not post much until my keyboard is fixed!
Posted by Kelly at 6:20 PM