Friday, October 1, 2010

Quick Takes 10/1/10


*1*
I can't believe it's October! That's like, FALL! Finally, there's a slight nip in the air (well, at least the temp's not in the 90s at this moment), football season is in swing, and we're starting to see the leaves changing just a bit...love it!

*2*
My stove is officially dead to me. After a variety of frustrating mechanical issues--the latest being an oven door that came off yesterday--we are going stove shopping today!!

*3*
Did I mention that the oven door fell off WHILE I was baking something?!?

*4*
Just so you know, that leads to less-than-perfect results in whatever you're cooking...also, no matter how high you turn up the temp, your doorless oven will not be able to get above 250 degrees.

*5*
For reasons of public safety, you will also have to remain quite close to your rapidly-losing-heat doorless oven to prevent pets and small children from hurting themselves.

*6*
If we don't get the stove replaced today, I shall be forced to cook dinner for a family of 6 in a toaster oven! Wait, I'M actually going out to dinner with some friends so it will be hubby's challenge :).

*7*
What do you want to bet he'd have some pizza delivered?

Later Days!
Kelly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you have a new stove. At least now you can heat up the food and not the kitchen.
Love the fall weather, also. Love, Mimi.