Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Graduation!

Whew! We're just now catching our breath from celebrating E's graduation and my 43rd birthday.

 The graduation was a lovely, personal, and worshipful celebration! My cousin's eldest child was also graduating from homeschool and we decided to combine the service...mainly because neither of the graduates wanted to be the sole focus of attention! We were able to make it truly special by using songs picked by the graduates, slideshows of their childhoods, and a time of prayer with their families and friends gathered around them. Afterward, we had a nice reception with good food and displays of the graduates' achievements, interests, and scrapbooks. I think we set the bar pretty high for all subsequent homeschool graduations! LOL!

 My birthday, while not as spectacular, was a perfect celebration for me. I enjoyed time with my family, good food, gifts :), a long bath, and some Ben & Jerry's New York Double Fudge Chunk ice cream. Let's do it all again next year!!!

 Later Days! Kelly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Graduation service was beautiful and worshipful. You and Melinda did a wonderful job of planning.

I'm so glad you had a great birthday week. I am glad to have been a part of the celebration 43 years ago and this year.

Love, Mimi