Friday, July 27, 2012

Go Team USA!!

I love the Olympics!  It's a great chance to display our patriotism and pride. No matter how many medals the USA olympians win, it is great to watch them give their all.  I'm also looking forward to seeing more of London (and venues in other locations).  
 
Our family celebrated the tonight's Opening Ceremonies with a traditional English meal of Cornish Pasties and trifle--yummy!  I keep running into the kitchen during commercial breaks to do cleanup...I might have used every pot, pan, and knife in the making of this celebratory meal....

Did you watch the Opening Ceremonies?  One word...WOW!  I don't know how Danny Boyle (director) managed to cram so many elements into one show but it was certainly entertaining (and mystifying at times).

Later Days!
Kelly


P.S.  I'm loving the surprise appearances by James Bond and Mr. Bean.  Can't wait to see who's next!  And how 'bout the Queen's entrance?!?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't watch the opening ceremony. You'll have to tell me about the Queen's entrance. In looking at the pictures on Yahoo I have a question. What's up with the huge baby? Mimi

Kelly said...

The Queen and James Bond (Daniel Craig) parachuted into the stadium from a helicopter!

As for the huge baby, that's one of those mystifying parts of the show. We watched the entire 4 hr spectacle...there were fabulous parts and parts that left us scratching our heads :).

Anonymous said...

So what you are saying is I didn't miss much or did I? Mimi

Sherry from Alabama said...

Kelly,
I'm so glad you stopped by my blog and introduced yourself. I've enjoyed my visit to your blog this morning. We have something in common, I homeschooled my three children for 16 years. The youngest graduated in 2010. I loved homeschooling but I'm enjoying my retirement from it very much too!

Hope you can come by again soon. ~ Sherry @ A Happy Valentine