Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Daybook 8/24/10

Outside my window...
A beautiful, warm day--only supposed to get into the low 90s today!

I am thinking...
That our school year has started off better than I expected after The Summer Of Low Expectations.

I am thankful for...
Children who love to learn...though not necessarily what I'm trying to teach them!

From the learning rooms...
Chemistry, Spanish, Literature, Geometry, US History, phonics...I'll let y'all try to figure out who's learning what :)

From the kitchen...
Chicken salad sandwiches for lunch

I am wearing...
sweaty, stinky workout clothes--just finished a good workout!

I am creating...
an atmosphere where learning doesn't just happen during "school time"!

I am going...
To take a shower as soon as I finish this post! Later, laundry, cleaning, exercise class with my friends.

I am reading...
*The Bible--midway through Isaiah
*In a Sunburned Country (travel book about Australia)

I am hoping...
That math begins to come back to me so I can explain it to my children!

I am hearing...
"Mama" constantly from children needing assistance with schoolwork

Around the house...
Work to do!

One of my favorite things...
Fall...can't wait for the season to change!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Exercise class tonight, church tomorrow night, groceries...what an exciting life I lead! lol

Cute photo that bears no relation to anything in today's post...

Later Days!
Kelly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, am thankful you have children who want to learn. I am also thankful they have a mother who sacrifices her time, energy, and sometimes sanity to teach them. Kids keep up the good work and help Mom with the other stuff she has to do. Love to all, Mimi.

Anonymous said...

Nice post and pic. Sorry K couldn't be there.
UB