Friday, August 6, 2010

Quick Takes 8/6/10

*1*
We're enjoying a visit from my hubby's parents, Nana and Gdad. We'll be heading Back Home for a visit before too long because 2 of my nieces are having birthdays back-to-back (Yay, C. & M.!).

*2*
We've had some more serious thunderstorms the last couple of days. In fact, we were without electricity for a while this evening. I can't complain, though, because we decided to go to Cold Stone Creamery for some ice cream so we wouldn't have to sit in a dark, quickly-getting-too-warm house.

*3*
Eldest and I tried our hand at "homemade" haircuts this week. She did a pretty good job with mine, but I missed the layers that I'm used to so I ended up getting my hair cut by a professional this evening. I had to go very short to get those layers :). It's just hair, right?

*4*
Those packages of curricula are drifting in, bit by bit. I guess I can't deny it anymore...school is just around the corner.

*5*
Watching AFV (America's Funniest Home Videos) leads me to wonder why ANYONE buys a pinata, a trampoline, or a pet!

*6*
Eldest has one of those crazy bouts of hiccups that burst out of her unexpectedly and dramatically--wish I had it on video for AFV!

*7*
Today, Youngest wanted Nana to get washcloth for him so he could wipe some marker off one of his hands. Hubby told him to go wash his hands, instead. M.'s reply? "But only one hand is dirty."

Later Days!
Kelly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I'm glad you enjoyed it, Mom!
And for those who are wondering, yes, it happens quite often, especially when I'm watching AFV. When I laugh too much, I just start to hiccup, and sometimes it takes a while for them to go away, but Mom helped out this time. Thanks, Mom.
Em