Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday

Today was a business-as-usual kind of day. Loads of laundry, loads of schoolwork. I'm happy to report that, not only did I shepherd the kids through their homeschool subjects today, but I also got around to doing some of my own coursework! I'm taking a Teaching Methods class for my Master's Degree and it's been some time since I've had a chance to work on it. I'm too busy teaching to work on Teaching Methods! Once I finish this course, I'll be about 1/2 finished with the degree and I'd like to be done by summertime, so I've got my work cut out for me :o).

My crew are all doing well. Alan has had a very busy day--prayer breakfast at a local restaurant at 6:00 a.m., on to the church office to work, a couple of hospital visits, and, last but not least...a Wild Game supper tonight! Yes, he's eating some sort of defenseless woodland creature with a host of other Baptist men from around our association. I told him to enjoy that while the kids and I had a Wild Thing supper like always--our meals often deteriorate into the sort of event that Martha Stewart has nightmares about.

I better quit goofing off while I should be working, so for now...
Later Days!
Kelly

p.s. For no special reason other than that I love sweets, I decided to post this quick, easy recipe....

Crookies (a salty, sweet, crunchy treat)
Need: one sleeve of Salteens (off-brand crackers will do nicely)
one stick of butter
one cup of brown sugar
one bag of milk chocolate chips

1. Spread the entire sleeve of salteens on a baking sheet, side by side.
2. Melt the stick of butter and the cup of brown sugar on med.-low until ooey & gooey.
3. Pour this mixture evenly over the crackers.
4. Bake for 5 minutes on 350 degrees--this makes the topping bubbly.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle the bag of milk chocolate chips over the top. As they melt, spread the chocolate with the back of a spoon.
6. Pop the baking sheet into the refrigerator or freezer until the mixture sets and then break it into pieces (The cookie, silly...not the baking sheet).
7. Eat the entire thing OR share with Mimi.

2 comments:

all4memories said...

I would love to be a fly on your wall. :o) Or, how 'bout I just move in? hee hee

Kelly said...

Bring it on! We'll hang out, do homeschool, maybe...scrapbook? I understand that's a very enjoyable hobby :o).