Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday

With today being Sunday and all, I really need to be getting ready to go to evening service right now but I thought I'd let everybody know what this weekend has held for our crew. Friday involved me frantically doing MY schoolwork, trying to get a course finished (not yet). Saturday involved me frantically doing MY schoolwork, trying to get my course finished (not yet), while answering the kids' questions about why I was doing schoolwork when it wasn't a school day (because moms don't get days off). Also on Saturday, Hubby and K. went to a college basketball game for a team that shall remain nameless on this blog :o). The tickets were given to them, OK? They enjoyed the game and the time together. Saturday evening, I attended The Silver Ring Thing with E. and other youth from church. An eye-opening event, I can tell ya! While the laser-light show, the pounding music, and the on-stage pyrotechnics didn't really do it for me, I appreciated the message of purity that was presented and was proud to purchase a silver ring for my daughter to support her in her pledge. Youth today need all the support they can get to lead a godly lifestyle--pray for them! Finally, today being the Lord's Day, we've been to Sunday School and morning worship and have the evenings activities and worship to go.

I hope all of you have had a terrific weekend and a blessed Lord's Day!

Later Days!
Kelly

No comments: