Sunday, February 15, 2009

M. is 3!






Today is M's third birthday! Of course, he's not really sure which day is his b-day because we've been celebrating for 3 days (and still have the "back home" party to go). Thursday, you remember, my parents came down to spend a couple of days with us. Then, Friday, my brother and his family came to see us. We had such a good time with our family and got M's playset put together so he could play on it while we're having these warm spring-like days. My niece (Hi, C!) got to spend the night with us for the first time and all the kids enjoyed having her stay over.

So, fast forward to Sunday morning--the Actual Birthday...M. opened his remaining presents before getting ready for church and fielded phone calls from his fan club, otherwise known as the grandparents. After morning services, we had lunch, followed by cake and ice cream. We are thankful for such a beautiful day because it meant M. got to play outside and enjoy his climber and swing. Back to church for evening service and more cake afterwards :o).

On each child's birthday, I flip through their baby books, recalling those early days. I have to admit to very mixed feelings when looking at M's because there was a lot of drama and trauma surrounding his birth. He had a rocky start, to say the least (and I didn't do so well, either). When I look at him now...healthy, smart, mischievous, cute...I give thanks and praise to God for His goodness to us!

Later Days!
Kelly

2 comments:

Mandy Padgett said...

Bless it... Happy Birthday Micah!

all4memories said...

Please tell M. we say, "Happy Birthday!!" (I konw we're a day late. :o)