Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy b-day E.!




Today we celebrated our eldest child's 15th birthday. I'm so happy she felt well enough to really enjoy the day. Mimi and Papa and my niece, C., are visiting us so our day included a Girls Only shopping trip, ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery, some outdoor fun, and general silliness. E. received well-wishes from lots of folks via phone calls and Facebook.

She enjoyed her gifts, including an IPod, books, a Breyer horse, money, and a few other things. She even appreciated the pencils and pencil sharpener from Mom--being a homeschooler, she's always in search of pencils!

We're very thankful to have her in our family. She has brought us so much joy and taught us alot (she's been our guinea pig as parents). I've looked at her baby pictures and marveled at the changes 15 years have brought. She's taller than I am (though that's not saying much) and certainly more talented in many things, such as anything artistic. I can't wait to see what the next few years bring in this godly young woman's life!

Later Days!
Kelly

P.S. K. wants me to mention that she got E.'s old mp3 player and she's very happy about it!

P.P.S. C. is sitting next to me critiquing everything I write and making fun of my typos. Thanks, C.

P.P.P.S. Big Bro--you've rubbed off on your daughter! Thanks, B.

5 comments:

Susan C-Y said...

Did she skip over 14 entirely? (really cool idea for the birthday theme tapestries, btw)

Jan and Miekie said...

Happy Birthday from us too! It seems you had a great day! What is a "Breyter horse"? Good luck with your homeschooling!

Kelly said...

Susan,
I'm pretty sure it was her 15th--I don't know how she's getting so old b/c I haven't aged at all :). The b-day flags have been a neat tradition...the kids will know that their mom loves them AND that she can't sew!

Miekie,
Thanks for the well wishes. Breyer horses are collectible model horses, representing different breeds, famous racehorses, etc. E. adores horses and has 75? Breyer models so far.

all4memories said...

Happy birthday, E.!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you K (and family) for the great visit Papa,C, and I had. It was made even more special by getting to be with E as she celebrated her birthday. We enjoyed pushing M on the swing, too. We miss you guys and love you all dearly. Mimi