Thursday, December 18, 2008

Catching Up...


I'm not sure I can top Monday's zoo trip for excitement, but I owe it to my devoted readers (there must be 3 or 4 of you) to let you know what we've been up to. By the way, the above photo from the zoo is NOT the man-eating cow of the previous post; just a cute pic of M. "milking" a fake cow.

Tuesday evening, E. and I went to our church's Ladies' Night Out. It was a catered event for which E.and I should have dressed up a bit more (it wasn't formal, but most everyone was wearing something Christmas-y). The wife of the former pastor spoke about their time in India. You see, the former pastor and his wife left the church that they'd been at for 19 years in order to be missionaries overseas. We very much enjoyed learning about the culture of their mission field and what God is doing over there.

Wednesday, I took E. over to the church to work in the Food Pantry for awhile. She's really enjoying participating in that ministry & it's been eye-opening for her to meet people who really need help with the basics. Then, church in the evening, which included festivities for the kiddos in children's choir practice and RA's and GA's. When they were appropriately "sugared up," we turned toward home for our regularly-scheduled "Taco Night," fabled in song and story.

As for today, nothing big scheduled for daytime, but hubby and I have a Sunday School party tonight, if we can persuade E. to watch her siblings again. She is finding monetary gain pretty persuasive these days, so I think we'll manage.

Sometime over the next few days I MUST wrap some presents. I'm leery of putting them under the tree b/c M. has a bad habit of opening packages.

Big plans tomorrow (Friday): We'll be heading Back Home to celebrate N. and Mimi's respective birthdays with the extended family! While one night away doesn't sound like much, getting the six of us packed is a herculean feat, requiring much laundry. Wasn't laundry one of Hercules' tasks?

Hope everyone's Christmas preparations are going smoothly!

Later Days!
Kelly

1 comment:

all4memories said...

Love the photo. Tell Mimi happy birthday!! Y'all be careful as you travel. Love you guys!