Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Spreading Christmas Cheer


This evening, our family and another family visited a nursing care facility to take some goody bags to residents and sing some carols for them. The people seemed so happy to see (and hear) the children! Who wouldn't be happy to see those smiling faces? It was a blessing to us and I hope it was to them.

As for Christmas prep, a few items remain: 1)Tomorrow, I hope to make sausage balls and stained-glass cookies; 2)wrap a few gifts; 3)get suitcases packed for our trip back home on Christmas Day; and 4)get the house tidied up for our post-Christmas visitors. Of course, anything I tidy up tomorrow will be obscured by the flying wrapping paper on Christmas morning! Tomorrow is also my parents' 45th anniversary so I hope to Skype them to convey our well wishes.

Christmas morning will dawn with our crew already seated around the tree, taking turns opening our gifts. We'll have a simple, easy-on-Mom breakfast and then be on our way to the grandparents'; lunch with Mimi & Papa and my brother's family and dinner with Nana and Gdad & hubby's brother's family. I don't know if I'll be blogging over the next few days but I sincerely hope that everyone reading this has a very blessed Christmas!

Later Days!
Kelly

2 comments:

all4memories said...

Merry Christmas to all of you, and we love you! Did you get your Christmas card via email?? We are running behind this year, but you will get an official one in the mail AFTER Christmas. :o)

Jan and Miekie said...

Happy Christmas to you all! I am sure the people in the nursing home enjoyed your visit and your children will have good memories of this outing. Do you do it every year? Good luck with the tidying up! (To make things easy for us, we just use newspaper for family gifts - it saves trying to salvage the pretty (expensive) gift wrappings).