Monday, December 1, 2008

O Christmas Tree...




We've had an exciting few days! We had wonderful services at church yesterday, celebrating Advent and the Hanging of the Greens. All of the choirs (adult and various ages of children) sang and both the adult and youth handbell choirs played during our special service. Our family got to light the Chrismon Tree. ***Note to my Big Bro: we didn't get to practice with the switch so it took M. a couple of tries***

This evening, we got our Christmas tree and decorated it. Just as we say every year, THIS is our prettiest tree ever! We used alot of our sentimental, "baby's first Christmas" type ornaments and filled in with lots of red and gold glass balls. On the mantel, we used red and gold candles in various types of glass holders, scattered pine cones, and a few ornaments. Soon, we'll hang our stockings (with care, of course). Still remaining, several special nativity scenes to set up. After we finished, we lit the tree and all the candles on the mantel while we had our family devotions and a special Advent reading.

I hope you enjoy the photos of our tree and mantel. Our decorating is a work in progress and I'm pretty sure we'll get to redo the tree on a daily basis, what with a cat and a 2 year old.

I'm not much of a photographer, but I like the weird light effect I accomplished by my inadvertent shaking while trying to hold the camera steady. I've got skillz, I tell ya.

Later Days!
Kelly

6 comments:

Jan and Miekie said...

Your tree and mantel look so festive! We are still a far way of getting ready for Christmas, but I hope to write a Christmas letter this year. I always threaten to do it, but never get round to it! This Christmas will the first without my mother, but also the first with the 2 grandchildren - except that Franco will be with his other grandmother!

all4memories said...

Everything is beautiful! (Can I move in?) Don't worry about the 2 year old. My 2 have never bothered the tree until this year at 6 and 7!! So M. may wait a few years. I'm a little behind in my posting, but we put our tree up Thanksgiving night, and the kids and I decorated it Friday night. I love this time of year.

all4memories said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
all4memories said...

I like the effect of the cat's green eyes under the tree. It adds just another special touch. :o) He must like the tree.

I forgot to tell you that we'll be stopping by on Saturday since it's the first Saturday in December. :o) Why break tradition????

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful. Can't wait for you guys to work on my house.

Cheryl Pitt said...

That is a gorgeous tree! I think a tree is only Christmas decoration we'll have this year. What with having a wee one again and the house being a mess because of refinishing the garage :)