Saturday, December 6, 2008

Good Friends & Good Times


It's late but we just got in from our whirlwind trip "back home" and I thought I'd make a short post. It was great to see both sets of grandparents & we even got to see my brother and his family! Afterwards, we went to the home of some very special friends and enjoyed some food and fellowship.

The photo is of my friend, Shay, and me in front of her beautiful Christmas tree. Don't let the picture fool you, we're about the same height but I was wearing my tall boots :o). She is, besides being a great friend and a committed Christian, a gifted decorator and crafter. I'm trying to talk her into coming to visit us and decorating our house, since we still have nothing hung on the walls. At the very least, she needs to start a blog so we non-creative types can read about and see pictures of her projects.

Speaking of visits, we have a couple more to look forward to! Tomorrow, Hubby's parents, otherwise known as Nana and Gdad, are coming to our morning worship service; this will necessitate a very early start for them to make the drive and then, like us, they have to travel back home again shortly after. On Monday, we're expecting my cousin and her family for a visit! We're excited at the thought of getting to see them for the first time since moving. I'll be sure to let y'all know how all the visits go & what fun things we do. For now, it's definitely time for this weary traveler to get to bed.

Later Days!
Kelly

2 comments:

all4memories said...

We're looking forward to seeing y'all tomorrow!

Jan and Miekie said...

You are an inspiration. We are thinking (or at least my Daughter Dorette is) thinking of putting up the Christmas tree tonight - especially for the benefit of the babies! It is their first Christmas!